Varroa mites (external parasite) are a destructive pest that has no place in your hive. Kick them out with Apigaurd, a thymol-based miticide suitable for natural use.
Simple to use. Remove the foil lid and place the container on top of the frames in your hive. After two weeks, remove the first container and apply a second dose for another two weeks.
- Apiguard should be used between 60-100 degrees, and the warmer it is, the better it will work
- Thymol vapers are heavier than air so make sure all entrances are fully open to allow sufficient airflow during treatment
- Use a shim or an empty super to make sure the bees can access the gel
- Chemical resistant gloves, such as resusable nitrile gloves, are required for handling
- This product is not approved for use with honey supers/during a honey flow
- Treatment is not recommended unless you know that your varroa mite count is in excess of the treatment threshold
- Please follow all instructions provided. Product is nonreturnable